Event terms & conditions
Saturday 11.00am - 6.00pm | Sunday 11.00am - 6.00pm
The festival and its wineries have a Responsible Host Policy in place. This means that we will be operating in a manner to ensure that you have an enjoyable day in Devonport and return home safely. In essence the following can be expected –
- There are no bottles sales at the festival, however, wineries may provide the option for you to pre-purchase your favourite wines to collect at their cellar door/local distributor or receive through mail order.
Festival attendees can only purchase two glasses (wine or beer) at a time.
Wine sales cease at 5.30pm.
Wine pours come in two measures – Half Pour = 75ml and Full Pour = 150ml. Some sites may also offer a smaller ‘Tasting’, please ask at the site.
Cost of wine pours vary between wineries, depending on the wine variety and quality. A minimum charge of $5.00 per glass will apply.
Please click here for a copy of our full Host Responsibility Policy.
DESIGNATED DRIVER PROGRAMMe
To ensure a fun and safe time for everyone, the Devonport Food, Wine & Music Festival is offering for the first time a Designated Driver Programme. Available for the non-drinker, the Designated Driver Programme ticket can be pre-purchased through iticket at the regular admission price and when validated will receive vouchers for 4 non-alcoholic drinks from specific locations on the day. Once validated, Designated Drivers will not be permitted to purchase or sample alcoholic beverages.
Designated Driver Programme will also be available from the Merchandise Marquee on the day, up to 3pm, for an additional cost of $5.00.
There are some conditions to the programme which are as follows:
- The holder of the ticket must have a valid full NZ Drivers License.
- The Driver ticket-holder is to enter through gates as normal and will be issued a glass and wristband.
- To activate the Driver ticket and receive non-alcoholic drink vouchers(4), the ticket-holder is to proceed to the Merchandise Marquee. The Festival glass & iticket MUST be handed in and wristband exchanged for a 'non-drinking' wristband.
- DRIVER tickets are to be validated at the Merchandise Marquee prior to 3.00pm. No vouchers will be issued following this deadline.
- Drink vouchers can be cashed in at the Festival Merchandise Marquee, Atomic Coffee* site or the Hyrdration Station in Main Stage. Vouchers will not be accepted at Winery or Food sites.
- *The ticket holder is entitled to either one free Atomic coffee or cold brew (Atomic's summer coffee offer) as part of the four non-alcoholic drinks.
- The DESIGNATED DRIVER PROGRAMME will be available on the day at an additional cost of $5. Available until 3.00pm.
No animals allowed except Guide dogs
Tickets are only valid for the day stated.
This event is a smoke-free event. Smoking will only be permitted at designated areas within the festival grounds.
The event is outdoors and will go ahead rain or shine. For details listen to MORE FM 91.8.
It is recommended that you bring your own water bottle, pack sunscreen and hat for the event. Water will be available for sale within the venue and there will be water stations to fill your own bottle. The Merchandise marquee will have available sunscreen and hats on the day
No food or beverages are allowed to be taken on site. Bags will be searched on entry.
Storage facilities will not be available.
Eftpos facilities will be available to festival attendees at the Merchandise marquee (for a small charge) and some sites. Credit card facilities will only be available for Gate Sales. ATM machines are conveniently located along Victoria Road for the ASB, Westpac & ANZ banks.
Shaded areas will be provided for at the event. Foldable camp chairs can be brought into the venue. Pop-ups, gazebos, lounge chairs or large umbrellas are not allowed to be taken on site.
Children 13 years and under are admitted free of charge when accompanied by an adult.
Please enjoy the beach environment however, we strongly recommend that you do not swim whilst drinking. Please ensure that our shorelines are kept clean and dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided.
You may appear in photos used for event publicity. Filming or photographing within the event area is not permitted without prior approval of the organisers.
Please support our 'Zero Waste' policy and use the general waste and recycle bins provided.
Please drink responsibly and enjoy the event in a courteous way.
back to info